Friday, May 9, 2008

Dont buy this box!

The brand-new, silky black, huge and sooooo desirable box has finally arrived.

Although NC Soft has announced the circulation of the Limited Collector’s Edition box a week (or more?) ago, it is only today that it finally appeared in the greek e-shops (not that I was looking, ofc).




Found at papasotiriou.gr.

I see no reason to buy this product. We already have our serial numbers (accounts), and we have already updated our clients to the latest version. The box contains:

  • Full version of Lineage® II: The Chaotic Throne
  • 45 days game time
  • A detailed, hand painted Kamael Ranger figurine
  • The Art of Lineage® II full-colour book
  • Official soundtrack
  • Two full colour posters
  • Vintage map
  • Exclusive in-game items! (half black mask, magic pig lollipop)

Who needs the Kamael figurine? Just to add it on his/her desk? And the book.. just another pretty book.. nah. The soundtrack could be cool, but Perseys has already sent us the mp3 files. And I could never bring one of those posters to my office.

It's just that..

You know..

The Magic Lollipop. I could use one of those. I am a sucker for lollipops.

I want the box, mainly the art-work book, the lollipop, the mask, the figurine! Everything!

Addition after buying the box: The figurine is tiny and not very stable if you add the wing. It might be hand-painted or not, i wont be sure unless I examine a second one to compare them. The art book is interesting indeed, although small. Imagine a very thin A4 paperback. It has some excellent sketches and some full colour artwork (nice!). It also has images of the new weapons (not very interesting). The posters are indifferent. I need to find out if I can use the in-game items without activating the serial code / new account. I would like to get the in-game items myself and give the serial code and time cards to a friend to start the game. I wonder if this is possible..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. The figurine sucks!