Sunday, May 4, 2008

Korean random chance

This has been discussed before, but my recent experience was overwhelming. Tried to OE the striped linen shirt. Up to +4 it works as stated... 66% chance of success. Indeed I tried about 14 times and had 9 successes. Then I tried 8 times to OE from +4 to +5 and failed 8 times. The chance is not the expected average of 43%... it is zero 0%
It makes one wonder how those +6 shirts do exist on Teon server. Is there a logical explanation ? I think 8 failures in a row would qualify as negative luck of 1 in millions. I am quite confident now that even if I try 88 times I would get 88 failures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no u wont. :P
its better if u wait a bit beetwen tries.

Anonymous said...

Does waiting make indeed a difference? Or is it just another urban legend?