Monday, August 4, 2008

Fallen Orc Shaman's secret

If you are a mage and lvl 55+, one of the best places for XP is Forsaken Planes (Aden territory). It is there that you 'll encounter a mob with the name "Fallen Orc Shaman". Actually there are two mobs with the same name and their main difference is that one of them, after the first hit, transforms into a white tiger. This one gives 12983 XP, 1110 SP and 1737 - 3540 adena.

Being a mage and playing solo, one of your main considerations is MP preservation. Although there are MP herbs that drop over there, most of the time you 'll find yourself sitting on a safe spot for recharge. So, one good technique is to to maximize XP/SP and minimize MP consumption. You set your mage to walking (so MP regenerates as fast as possiple while still playing) and you target that precious "Fallen Orc Shaman". First hit "Wind Strike" to force it transform while consuming the minimum MP. Then 2 to 3 hits depending of your Matck power. In that way you can XP for a long time, although the pace is slow. Better than sitting.

But there is also the other mob, the other "Fallen Orc Shaman" which does not transform.

I have read in several forums that it is not possible to distiguish between these two mobs because they look the same. That is true. They do look exactly the same. But... do they move the same? The answer here is no! You can distinguish them by their movement!

This morning I had in front of me these two mobs and I knew that the one was a transformer and the other was not. But which was which? Suddently I noticed that one of them raised its staff in a movement like the /socialcharge action we have. I kept looking at them without attacking. After a while, again, the same mob, did that movement. The other, again, did not. Is this the way to distiguish them, I asked myself. I did a full attack on the mob. It did not transform. After that I attacked the second and it did. I did it again and again to test my theory. Every time I was right! The Fallen Orc Shaman that DOES MAKES THIS MOVMENT is the one that DOES NOT TRANSFORMS into a tiger!

Dedicated to all Sorcerers who struggle their way up the XP scale.

Knulp

2 comments:

Archmage said...

Uhm... actually there is a much simpler method to distinguish between the two shamans.

The one you want, i.e. the one which transforms into a tiger, has three mob abilities, as shown in the small window at the top of your screen ("humanoid", "light armor", "damage shield"). The other one has six.

So, just target a shaman and you know instantly if that's the one you want.

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a blog too! Check out some of my articles if you like! This is a nice blog by the way.
Hostgator Web Hosting
Xbox 360 Repairs