Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grind spots at B+ grade

Where should one hunt after hitting lvl 52?
Before that level, you can check Archmage's February post on grind spots
Now, after careful reading relative posts by wiser people, I would propose:
52-60 Bandit Stronghold or Cemetery or Forsaken Plains
60-66 Cata of Witch
67-75 Garden of Beasts (melee classes only)
72+ Wall of Argos (aka Wall of Bots) or Hot Springs

Problem is, I have heard that most of these areas are heavily botted/farmed.

Moreover, I lack the knowledge about which area combines well with worthwhile quests... meaning basically quests that award recipes/parts for A grade gear.

All suggestions and advice will be most welcome.

4 comments:

a cleric said...

I think Garden of Beasts is forbidden for live players. Maybe some terrible curse kicks in if you go there playing your char normally.

What about Varka/Ketra - still full of bots but at least you get quest items.

Archmage said...

Bandit Stronghold (Forest of Outlaws) is good for 50-55. I don't know of any quest there. I suggest Frozen Lab, too, for spoils plus it has a nice quest for materials. If you don't spoil or need MP for skills, Cemetery is perfect plus it has a simple adena quest.

If you can stand it, Valley of Saints is uber exp for 60-70 and has two nice quests (plus a couple one-timers for exp).

If you spoil, you should definitely go to Beast Farm after 62 (and stay there forever IMO ;) )

For late 60s you can go around Goddard, there are some easy mobs there with good exp (Buffalo, Antelope, etc). They used to be x1/2 mobs, in Gracia they have been upgraded to x1 but still easy.

Catas are usually not good exp, unless you have a perfect setup (=minimum amount of people). I don't know if it's possible to hold a small room (4 mobs) solo, that could be some easy exp.

WoA is for 70+, plus IMO you need ranged attacks to make the most of it (a SK 1-shotting the angels is cool too). There are some materials quests from the Eye.

Varka/Ketra is for 72+ or you miss awfully much - and the quest is for 74+ too. Note: You must take that quest when you hit 74!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I normally don't leave comments but I just thought I'd let you know that this blog is great. I write too, but I can't
write as well as you do. Here are some of my writings. If you want to look at them, if not it's ok. anyway, thanks.

Hostgator Web Hosting
Assassin's Creed 2 Review
How To Play Magic The Gathering

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Husqvarna Chain Saw